33bits

Versión completa: Dragon Quest Saga - XI is coming (2018, Español)
Actualmente estas viendo una versión simplificada de nuestro contenido. Ver la versión completa con el formato correcto.
(13-09-2016 19:32)EarthBound [ -> ]Puf, estoy que me compro una Vita, macho sisi

Además, ya tenías comprado su mejor juego, ¿no? sisi1
Si no te gustan las conversaciones extensas y priorizas tanto el diseño de niveles, no creo que Persona 4 te agrade mucho   sisi

zothenr

KOTAKU: Maybe This Is Why Dragon Quest Never Took Off In The West

I’ve always had a soft spot for Dragon Quest, a turn-based RPG series full of silly names and adorable slime monsters. In Japan, the series is a cultural phenomenon. But for some reason it’s never found the same popularity in other countries.

Here’s a theory: It’s too obsessed with tradition. For three decades, Dragon Quest games have followed the same rituals and routines, many of which are vestiges from the NES era. It’s always got the same monsters, the same items, and the same annoying quirks. Japanese gamers don’t seem to mind these rituals, but they can get tedious to those of us who are used to more streamlined design.

Let me give you an example, which has been bugging me as I play through the Dragon Quest VII remake on 3DS. Dragon Quest turns something as basic as saving the game—an essential procedure that most modern games try to make painless and invisible—into a chore. To save in Dragon Quest VII, you have to find a priest, then mash the A button through eight (!) menu boxes:

[Imagen: mo5k0soiry7let7s3ygr.jpg]

[Imagen: elvmhwkjfefgeqte6lnn.jpg]

[Imagen: aczsdqtttbqj7dgciftw.jpg]

[Imagen: cni6ojnxntyrmyrqzdk2.jpg]

[Imagen: w9tld9ri4auvn8tmwsjl.jpg]

[Imagen: wj9uy450tweiaaho8umy.jpg]

[Imagen: xpz41xtndpf0ntmb2aq9.jpg]

[Imagen: engoxobnoyjto6c4hsf0.jpg]

It’s a minor inconvenience, but minor inconveniences add up. You’ll want to save the game several hundred times over the course of Dragon Quest VII (which is many dozens of hours long). If you don’t, you’ll lose stuff when you die.

All of those choices—asking if you’re sure, asking you to select a file, asking you if you’d like to keep playing—are traditions that have been in Dragon Quest for decades. But there comes a point when adhering to tradition can hurt a game’s widespread appeal. Gamers outside of Japan might enjoy the series more if it didn’t feel like it was wasting our time. Dragon Quest could shorten its save flow without abandoning its roots.

I’m enjoying Dragon Quest VII so far—even though it might have the worst opening hour in modern RPG history—and I hope to play through the whole thing. But for some reason, I always seem to give up on Dragon Quest games after 10 or 15 hours. Maybe that’s because it takes half a minute to save.
(13-09-2016 22:57)EarthBound [ -> ]No es un problema de tradición. El hecho de no poder guardar cuando y como quieras aumenta la dificultad. Si no, la supervivencia en el mapamundi o en las mazmorras se iría al cuesco.

Dicho esto, lo de que siempre tiene los mismos monstruos, las mismas mecánicas, etc. es aplicable perfectamente a Pokémon, que sí que tiene gran popularidad fuera de Japón.

Bueno, me he pasado este verano el Pokémon Amarillo después de más de una década sin haber tocado los originales y luego he vuelto a Rubí Omega.
Créeme que de mismas mecánicas nada XD

En cualquier caso, lo que sí que tiene razón es que hay demasiado diálogo a la hora de guardar. Es similar al diálogo en los centros Pokémon, por no salir de las dos mismas sagas. Es muy común terminar curando a los Pokémon dos veces porque empiezas a aporrear la A para que se calle la jodida enfermera.

Es algo que sería fácilmente mejorable sin empeorar el factor dificultad. Simplemente convertir el guardado en algo directo, no en una opción de un NPC, sino algo como los diarios de Alundra o lo que sea. Simplemente, por seguir contextualizándolo en la iglesia, que en uno de los bancos esté la opción rezar y ésta sea la de guardar.
Llegas al punto. Botón A. ¿Quieres rezar para guardar tu progreso?. Sí/No. Fuera. Si quieres dar opción a grabar en más de una ranura, en lugar de sí/no, elegir la ranura y ya está.
Cita:How influential were vocal Dragon Quest fans in the West in terms of securing a localization of Dragon Quest VII and VIII on 3DS?

There are a lot of things that everybody did to make this happen, but one of the things was a Facebook petition that was very active. I think the thing that influenced us the most were the letters that people sent us. These letters came to the Square-Enix office from all over the world. I thought it was pretty normal for Dragon Quest producers to receive these letters, but the fans actually sent letters to the President, Vice President, Executive team, even Final Fantasy producers and producers of other titles as well! These letters started piling up on my desk. Every day I would come to work and somebody who received a letter would bring them to my desk. Once it started piling up, I realized that I really needed to reconsider and make this happen. The letters aren't just copied and pasted; they actually catered the content for each of the addressees!

What has Nintendo's involvement been in the development process?

The sheer translation volume of Dragon Quest VII is more than 2 times Dragon Quest V, so it's a gigantic game. It was really hard to make the business decision to localize the game. With Nintendo, we were able to work it out and work hand-in-hand and make it happen together. To be completely blunt, it's like Nintendo took half of the bill!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09...i_fujimoto

Bastante esclarecedora esta entrevista con Fujimoto.
Las cartas de fans serian un motivo, pero no lo suficiente. Al final lo que importa es el dinero y si Nintendo te paga la mitad de la localización, no puedes decir que no.
Me acaban de llamar para recogerlo. No sé si iré hoy o mañana a por él, pero vamos.
Banderas

zothenr

(14-09-2016 10:54)[DNC] [ -> ]Me acaban de llamar para recogerlo. No sé si iré hoy o mañana a por él, pero vamos.
Banderas
Los han debido enviar ayer a las tiendas, me comenta @Wanchope9 que también lo ha visto hoy en un hipermercado

zothenr

(13-09-2016 23:39)Adol the Red [ -> ]http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09...i_fujimoto

Bastante esclarecedora esta entrevista con Fujimoto.
De hecho, respecto a la intervención de Nintendo en la traducción y gastos, es lo que deberían haber hecho con más juegos del catálogo japonés de cara a haber tapado huecos de calendario y haber creado más fondo de armario.

Es una de las cosas que Iwata dijo que se estaba pensando en hacer pero que nunca se hizo de forma efectiva

zothenr

(14-09-2016 11:18)EarthBound [ -> ]Pues ya sabéis lo que toca con Dragon Quest XI, chavales roto2cafe

Haremos un sello promocional de 33bits para los sobres y darles el coñazo a los de Enix sisi
Más que darles el coñazo, mientras que Nintendo saque la cartera para pagar gasto no habrá problemas.

Los usuarios y sus peticiones como que se la trae al pairo
[Imagen: PV3Scu4.jpg]
Es un sueño de artes marciales!!  Caballo
Yo no podré tenerlo hasta mañana, es fiesta en mi zona   roto2cafe