[Hilo Oficial] JRPG
Os traigo un artículo en la lengua de Shakespeare sobre FFXIII-3: http://www.edge-online.com/features/ligh...ches-tack/

[img height=343 width=610]http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/03/FinalFantasy-610x343.jpg[/img]
The city of Luxerion is a stark contrast to the tight corridors of Final Fantasy XIII. Crowds of NPCs wander the streets, and Lightning ÔÇô back once more in the hands of players ÔÇô is able to explore these paths freely. ThereÔÇÖs a day/night cycle, sidequests to pick up and roaming monsters to battle. ItÔÇÖs the rich, dynamic space thatÔÇÖs been sorely missing from an increasingly static series.

The architecture is ornate, classical and reminiscent of the sun-washed stone of AssassinÔÇÖs CreedÔÇÖs Renaissance Italy ÔÇô and the similarities donÔÇÖt end with the setting. Lightning is on the trail of a secretive cult, and we see snippets of her investigation, such as tailing hooded figures through winding streets and climbing rooftops. Square Enix says that quests will offer a variety of gameplay types to supplement the seriesÔÇÖ trademark Active Time Battles.

In one example, Lightning must discover a numerical code in order to access the cultÔÇÖs headquarters. The digits are hidden around Luxerion, scribbled on walls in hard-to-reach places. To form the password, she has to explore the city, collect the numbers and then piece them together in the correct order. Such variations in pace and quest structure should stop this game feeling like a procession of battles linked by lengthy cutscenes.

[img height=343 width=610]http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/03/FinalFantasyXIII-2-610x343.jpg[/img]
The majority of our demo is spent in Luxerion, but we do get some glimpses of other environments. In the Dead Dunes, we see Lightning sliding down banks of sand and exploring ancient ruins, echoing Journey. The Wildlands are home to lush forests and small towns filled with quest-giving villagers. Each island will offer a different style of quest, and Square Enix boldly claims that some of these isles are so large you can get lost in them.

Wherever you go, Lightning is the protagonist. The reason behind this, director Motomu Toriyama explains, is that thereÔÇÖs never been a strong lead female in the series before (he doesnÔÇÖt count Terra). LightningÔÇÖs visually striking, sure, especially in her ostentatious new costumes, but her sullen demeanour ÔÇô many have called her FFXIIIÔÇÖs answer to VIIÔÇÖs brooding Cloud Strife ÔÇô doesnÔÇÖt make for the most charismatic lead.

Like any Final Fantasy hero worth their salt, LightningÔÇÖs on a quest to save the world. The twist here is that she only has 13 days to do it. Throughout the game, a timer keeps you informed about how many days remain before the apocalypse. ItÔÇÖs difficult not to think of MajoraÔÇÖs Mask, although it seems Lightning wonÔÇÖt be able to manipulate time in the way Link did. Clocks are dotted around the environment, serving as a constant reminder that youÔÇÖre battling against minutes as well as monsters. Many quests can only be picked up or completed at night, and some NPCs only appear at set points in the day.

[img height=343 width=610]http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/03/FinalFantasyXIII-3-610x343.jpg[/img]
Time management is going to be crucial to success in this game. Travelling between the four islands will take several in-game hours, and quests have time penalties. The reward for a given quest may be great, but it will use up more time, so youÔÇÖll have to decide whether itÔÇÖs worth the increased risk. The idea is that the game is designed to be played through multiple times, which is another Final Fantasy first. ThereÔÇÖs no way to complete every sidequest in a single playthrough, so youÔÇÖll have to go back through the story more than once in order to see them all.

As in XIII-2, battles take place on a separate screen, although youÔÇÖre no longer tethered to the ground, moving Lightning around with the left stick, much as in Ni No Kuni. Abilities and magic are mapped to the face buttons, rather than accessed through the usual menus, giving the battles the immediacy of an action game. ItÔÇÖs a dramatic departure for the series, although it runs the risk of being overly simple.

ItÔÇÖs in LightningÔÇÖs costumes that the strategy may potentially lie, acting as an alternative to the Paradigm Shift system. Each of her so-called ÔÇÿGarbsÔÇÖ brings with it a selection of powers, and you can switch between them in battle with the shoulder buttons. The outfits are comically flamboyant, even for a Final Fantasy game, all billowing silk, ornate metalwork and leather chaps. Each also represents a different class; enemies will be weak against some and resistant to others, and knowing which to choose ÔÇô and when ÔÇô forms the meat of the combat.

[img height=343 width=610]http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/03/FinalFantasyXIII-610x343.jpg[/img]
Three large ATB bars dominate the HUD, showing you the status of the three costumes you have to choose from and when theyÔÇÖre available to equip. LightningÔÇÖs loadout can be further augmented with swords and shields, which share the same extravagant designs as her outfits. Garbs may be customised, so you can have, say, one dedicated to healing and another set up for elemental magic. The system doesnÔÇÖt look that deep as yet, but it does seem to bestow some freedom on the player to create bespoke builds to suit different situations.

As well as smaller monsters running wild on the streets of Luxerion, we were treated to a larger battle with a behemoth. Lightning spots the creature stampeding down an alley and approaches it from behind, with a damage bonus awarded from the resulting backstab. The battle screen swirls into view and Lightning circles the beast, pummelling it with familiar Final Fantasy spells. During the fight, she staggers her opponent with a knockdown effect, giving her a few seconds to attack without fear of reprisal. Square Enix makes a point of telling us that all the spell and combat effects are new, and that little has been recycled from the previous two games.

Our biggest concern is that Lightning Returns borrows so much else from other games that it lacks an identity of its own, while Final Fantasy traditionalists may well lament the loss of menus and the dramatic shift in combat direction. The Crystal Tools engine is also beginning to show its age. The character models are typically beautiful, but they jar against the flat, grubby environment textures. A cutscene shows a clock close-up, and the numbers on its face are a blur. The exquisite detailing of the character models clearly comes at a cost. Still, itÔÇÖs heartening to see Square Enix trying something different with Lightning Returns, and, with its busy and open cities, build on XIII-2ÔÇÖs attempts to address complaints about the linearity of the first game.

Aprovecho que el hilo está aquí arriba para decir que aunque alterno entre varios juegos y avanzo muy poco a poco, todavía sigo con el Dragon Quest V DS lol. Hoy mismo he conseguido
Spoiler :
el dragón
, supongo que ya no me faltará mucho.

Luego, como comenté en otro hilo, ayer me dio por bajar el Crimson Shroud de la eShop de 3DS. Apenas le dediqué una hora antes de ir a dormir, pero ya he quedado encandilado. El sello de Matsuno es inconfundible, es una pena que tras FFXII Square no aprovechara su talento para hacer esos geniales JRPGs de los que ahora anda tan escasa. Pero bueno, después de varios años sin jugar a nada de él me alegra tener otra pequeña dosis con Crimson Shroud.

PD: La música merece una mención aparte. Es fantástica, y también muy en la línea de Vagrant Story y FFXII.

adorar
Cita:Wherever you go, Lightning is the protagonist. The reason behind this, director Motomu Toriyama explains, is that thereÔÇÖs never been a strong lead female in the series before (he doesnÔÇÖt count Terra).

Facepalm XD
[Imagen: Golden-Sun-Dark-Dawn-Wallpaper-th.jpg]
Bueno, pues por fin acabo de llegar al jefe final de Dragon Quest V (me lo he tomado con calma lol). No me he puesto a pelear con él porque andaba corto de magia, llevaba mucho rato sin guardar y en pocos minutos tendré que salir de casa, así que he vuelto al pueblo más cercano y ya lo intentaré por la noche.

La verdad es que he llevado muy bien la recta final hasta ahora, ninguno de los jefes previos me ha derrotado y los enemigos comunes por norma me hacen cosquillas, así que me veo con bastantes posibilidades. Ya comentaré qué tal más tarde, a menos que salga temprano y lo tenga que dejar para mañana roto2
(09-03-2013 17:24)Franchuzas link escribió:Bueno, pues por fin acabo de llegar al jefe final de Dragon Quest V (me lo he tomado con calma lol). No me he puesto a pelear con él porque andaba corto de magia, llevaba mucho rato sin guardar y en pocos minutos tendré que salir de casa, así que he vuelto al pueblo más cercano y ya lo intentaré por la noche.

La verdad es que he llevado muy bien la recta final hasta ahora, ninguno de los jefes previos me ha derrotado y los enemigos comunes por norma me hacen cosquillas, así que me veo con bastantes posibilidades. Ya comentaré qué tal más tarde, a menos que salga temprano y lo tenga que dejar para mañana roto2

¿Horas de juego?
[Imagen: Golden-Sun-Dark-Dawn-Wallpaper-th.jpg]
El jefe final mola bastante. Es mucho más duro que la mayoría de enfrentamientos que hay tirando a la recta final del juego.

Yo por mi parte...

[Imagen: dqiishindordef.jpg]

[Imagen: dqiiizomadef.jpg]

Terminé la "saga Loto" en su versión SNES. Sin duda el 3 mi favorito, dentro de la trilogía y dentro de DQ en general también es de los que más he disfrutado. También de los más difíciles, creo que es donde más veces me han matado y donde los bosses más me han tocado las narices. Y eso que jugando en emulador se pueden hacer "trampas" como guardar cada vez que ves un burbujilimo metálico y hacer tu propia versión más chetada de las arenas del tiempo roto2 o para mandar a la mierda al azar en las casas de apuestas y ganar dinero de gratis. Aunque eso solo sirve al principio, más adelante el dinero que te dan ahí por lo general no vale la pena.

Por otra parte se nota que originalmente eran juegos de NES, en el sentido de que son juegos bastante cortos. A cada entrega los hacían más duraderos, eso sí (DQ III solo dura prácticamente lo mismo que DQ I y DQ II juntos, y a su vez algo menos que DQ IV). El III en su versión SNES/GBC también el añadieron un post game más o menos extenso, aunque todavía no lo he tocado.
Spoiler :
Por lo que he leído, puedes visitar Zenithia y todo.

Una cosa que mola bastante del DQ III de SNES es el tema de las personalidades. Dependiendo de la personalidad que tengan tus personajes, su crecimiento de estadísticas será de una forma o de otra. Se puede manipular la personalidad de varias formas, lo más normal es leyendo libros o equipando accesorios. Esto le añade cierta gracia sumado al tema de los oficios, como poder potenciar más la sabiduría de los magos, la fuerza y agilidad de los luchadores, etc.

Algunas capturas random que he ido haciendo, básicamente estadísticas al final del juego y los bosses finales.

DQ II

Protagonista: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...iihero.jpg
Príncipe de Cannock: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...olando.jpg
Princesa de Moonbrooke: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...ilinda.jpg
Final boss: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...hargon.jpg & http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...shidor.jpg

DQ III

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...istats.jpg
Goku - Male Hero (Valiant)
Videl - Female Fighter (Ladylike)
Jade - Male Sage (antes Mage) (Smart)
Bulma - Female Cleric (Kindly)

En esta ocasión para los nombres no me maté demasiado, veía los diseños de las clases y les puse nombres según me recordaban a personajes de Dragon Ball (a excepción del mago, que le puse el nombre del de Tales of the Abyss).

Final boss: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476...izoma2.jpg

Un apunte sobre el jefe final. Lo pongo en spoiler por si acaso.

Spoiler :
Lo curioso de Zoma es que a diferencia del resto, que tienen varias fases o son más de un combate, es uno solo que puede jugarse de dos maneras. O bien usando el orbe de luz para nerfear su poder (que es lo que hay que hacer, hasta cambia la música al de jefe final cuando lo haces), o bien ir a tope contra su "primera fase", donde es mucho más poderoso. Tanto si usas el orbe como si no, una vez le ganas se acaba el combate. Es como si tuviera dos fases, pero que solo necesitas matar a una para que se acabe el combate.

Como dato curioso,┬á diría que este es el primer enemigo de la saga en hacer uso de la onda perjudicial.

También me he hecho muy fan de la música de jefe final de ambos juegos, en especial de la del III.

Algo que sin duda está muy bien de la trilogía Loto es observar como a cada entrega expandían su mundo.
Spoiler :
En el primer juego solo llevas un personaje y te mueves por un continente. En el segundo llevas a tres y te mueves por todo el mundo con un barco. En el tercero llevas a cuatro que puedes elegir de qué clase quieres que sean y te mueves por mar y aire. Sobre todo en DQ III da una sensación enorme de "nostalgia" cuando llegas a Alefgard y empieza a sonar la música de DQ I, y puedes ver las ciudades mejor hechas que hasta entonces. Es como cuando en la saga Zenithia vuelves a ese palacio al final de cada entrega.

En fin, se podría decir que la saga me ha gustado bastante más de lo que me cabía esperar, viendo que nunca le hice mucho caso y ahora prácticamente me la estoy jugando entera de golpe (aunque en parte sea porque los 4 primeros son relativamente cortos). De hecho ahora mismo podría jugar al VIII y al IX, pero para uno me falta la consola y el otro prefiero dejarlo para el penúltimo (siendo el último que jugaría el VII porque no tengo 3DS y hasta dentro de unos cuantos meses no saldrá por aquí igualmente).

PD: Acabo de ver el opening del DQ 25th Anniversary de Wii y es top tier

[Imagen: Charleekun.png]
(09-03-2013 18:40)Sir_Dekar link escribió:¿Horas de juego?

No recuerdo exactamente, pero más o menos unas 25. En cuanto al nivel, los cuatro principales están entre el 36 y el 38. A ver si me llega o tengo que levelear un poquito lol
¿Te has llegado el jefe final del DQV en 25 horas? Yo ese juego me lo pasé en 60 XD
(09-03-2013 18:46)Franchuzas link escribió:No recuerdo exactamente, pero más o menos unas 25. En cuanto al nivel, los cuatro principales están entre el 36 y el 38. A ver si me llega o tengo que levelear un poquito lol

A mí si no recuerdo mal me llevó unas 40 lol y eso que de nivel iba más o menos como tú. En un principio si vas con buen equipo no deberías necesitar levear más.
Pero que os pusisteis a hacer la fotosintesis en el mapamundi?

No se como llegais a tener tantas horas en ese juego
Ah, pues acabo de mirar y en el contador pone 36 horas. Contando que llevaba unas pocas de post game supongo que me lo pasaría a las 32 horas o así. De hecho estoy viendo los niveles y van desde el 35 al 37. Teniendo en cuenta que subí un par, debí pasármelo con los personajes al 33~35.
Bueno, puede que yo sí le dedicase un tiempecillo a levelear porque acabé con el prota a casi nivel 50 X-D

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 5 invitado(s)