IGN entrevista a Miyamoto
Dejo aquí esta entrevista a Miyamoto, si alguien quiere traducirla será bienvenido.
Cita:IGN[/url]"]
One of the big themes at this yearÔÇÖs E3 expo was connectivity. Microsoft has gone with an ÔÇÿall-inÔÇÖ approach it's calling SmartGlass ÔÇô aka great material for Trey Parker and Matt Stone ÔÇô while Sony is pushing Vita connectivity across titles like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and LittleBigPlanet 2. With the Wii U's dual screens thrown into the mix, itÔÇÖs an unusually heated race for Nintendo, a company used to running on an entirely different track paved with balance boards and wrist straps.

One would assume Shigeru Miyamoto would veto discussions around NintendoÔÇÖs competition. It had been a tough couple of days by the time we interviewed the legendary creator of Super Mario Bros. et al; NintendoÔÇÖs press conference failed to ignite thanks to a peculiarly dry presentation and a dearth of surprises, and online commentary had not been kind. This E3 was not the time for controversy.

But, under the fluorescent lights, against a pounding dubstep soundtrack, Mr. Miyamoto sits up and gives us a big smile.

ÔÇ£In the past when weÔÇÖve introduced stuff like motion control or touch screen control with the Nintendo DS, it typically would take a few years for other companies bring them into their own offerings,ÔÇØ he says. ÔÇ£The fact that one year out when we first introduced the concept of Wii U, weÔÇÖre already seeing other companies trying to move in that same direction, suggests thereÔÇÖs a tremendous amount of possibility in what weÔÇÖve shown so far.ÔÇØ

ItÔÇÖs a heartening ÔÇô if idealistic ÔÇô take. But Mr. Miyamoto also believes that Nintendo is in a much stronger position to offer dual experiences than its competitors.

ÔÇ£We have a long history of creating these kinds of experiences," he says. "Even going back as far as our early experiments long ago between the portable gaming machines and the home console.ÔÇØ

Mr. Miyamoto believes that these days, our living room ecosystems are far more accommodating.

ÔÇ£The challenges we experienced at that time ÔÇô not everyone had that complete ecosystem and hardware environment, so we couldnÔÇÖt have those experiences be made available to our entire user base.ÔÇØ

Whereas with the Wii U, the experience can be had straight out of the box.

ÔÇ£It has the definitive advantage (because) itÔÇÖs coupled with our experience with creating unique gameplay for this very specific type of ecosystem.ÔÇØ

Mr. Miyamoto is cautious with his wording on the subject of other companyÔÇÖs software efforts ÔÇô ÔÇ£everyone has their own unique ideasÔÇØ ÔÇô but does voice his concerns over the mediumÔÇÖs violent landscape.

ÔÇ£Sometimes I get worried about the continued reliance on making games that are so centered around guns, and that there are so many of these games," he says. "I have a hard time imagining ÔÇô particularly for young generations of gamers ÔÇô how they sit down and play and interact with that.ÔÇØ

Mr. Miyamoto says Nintendo is still focused on provide a safe environment for kids, particularly in an online space. The company is currently preparing community management systems for the Miiverse, building on the lessons they learned around moderating user-generated content for Flipnote Studio on the DSi.

ÔÇ£Previous forms of media, like books, made it easy for parents to know and understand what theyÔÇÖre buying for their children. With the transition into digital mediums it becomes more difficult for parents to have a full grasp of whatÔÇÖs going on. From a game developerÔÇÖs standpoint itÔÇÖs important to take that into account.ÔÇØ

As the dubstep loops around again, we ask how Mr. Miyamoto feels about being ÔÇÿMr. NintendoÔÇÖ at an expo with such an aggressively competitive culture at its core.

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs something thatÔÇÖs tough for me to objectively look at, and I think to me, whatÔÇÖs most important, is that I donÔÇÖt betray the trust that people have in me. At a show like this, itÔÇÖs my job to show weÔÇÖre all having fun. People come to E3 and they want to talk about competition and who won the show, and all these companies combating one another.

"But what weÔÇÖre meant to be doing is bringing fun to the world. So rather than focusing on competition, I feel itÔÇÖs my job to go up on stage and show how I can bring fun to the world by having fun myself.ÔÇØ

Mensajes en este tema
IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por Indyana - 19-06-2012 15:24
Re:IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por Indyana - 19-06-2012 23:58
Re:IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por Xiphias - 20-06-2012 00:13
Re:IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por unis1703 - 19-06-2012 16:03
Re:IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por Indyana - 19-06-2012 17:41
Re:IGN entrevista a Miyamoto - por Tolo - 19-06-2012 19:44

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)