Creativo de EA: los estudios capaces de hacer un AAA han pasado de 125 a 25
Cita:"What is true today is that there are fewer AAA games being built than at the same point in the previous generation. I've done some calculations that say there were about 125 teams in the industry worldwide working on what I'd call a AAA game on a console, and that was 7 or 8 years ago," he wrote in a whitepaper produced for DICE Europe.

"That number today is well south of 30; probably in the 25 range. What's interesting is that, if you look at the composition of those teams, the numbers are exactly the same: those 125 teams became 25; the size of the teams increased by a factor of four.

"This has everything to do with the standard definition to HD change. If you look at the math, that change is about content - richly about content - and as we evolved, our costs went substantially up.

"And the number of people on teams with that kind of vision went up by necessity. I don't see that kind of content-oriented change coming in this next generation of platforms. As a result, I think we were on a path that made me nervous, but it seems to have stabilised."

Richard Hilleman, que va a dar una conferencia en DICE, ha revelado que los estudios capaces de hacer un AAA han pasado de 125 alrededor del mundo al comienzo de la pasada generación a alrededor de 25 en estos momentos. Según él sigue la misma cantidad de gente empleada porque los equipos han multiplicado su tamaño por 4.

Mensajes en este tema
Creativo de EA: los estudios capaces de hacer un AAA han pasado de 125 a 25 - por Indyana - 04-07-2013 20:40

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)