33bits

Versión completa: Bioshock Infinite: dos modos multijugador cancelados, habla Levine
Actualmente estas viendo una versión simplificada de nuestro contenido. Ver la versión completa con el formato correcto.
Cita:kotaku[/url]"]BioShock Infinite made a great impression at the Electronic Entertainment Expo back in June of 2011. But it seems like there might be some trouble afoot for the game. According to three sources familiar with the game, the development team has struggled to craft a full game that meets the promise of the early demos, experiencing some of the same problems that befall any ambitious game but also suffering some distinct troubles of its own. Two multiplayer modes have been cancelled and several key staff departures have coincided

The first mode involved players being miniaturized and placed into an old-timey arcade machine, where they would fight against waves of enemy toys that would roll out on tracks. It was essentially a cooperative tower defense game, but it never worked; the decision was made to can it so that the multiplayer team could focus on a second co-op mode.

That mode, internally dubbed "Spec-Ops," was similar to the Spec-Ops mode in the most recent two Call of Duty: Modern Warfare games. In it, four players would cooperatively work their way through levels lifted from the single-player game. The mode wasn't working, however, and some of the multiplayer team was taken off of it and tasked with getting the 2011 E3 demo into shape. The Spec-Ops multiplayer mode has since been canned, and it's possible that despite Irrational's initial multiplayer mandate, BioShock Infinite will ship as a single-player-only game. Levine declined to comment on those specific multiplayer modes, but said, "As I've always said we are experimenting with things, and only if they are good enough will we put them in the game."

Irrational Games creative director Ken Levine addressed concerns about Infinite in a phone call today with Kotaku. "In a company of 200 people you're going to have turnover," Levine said. "We never like to see a guy like Nate leave because he's been here for a long time but it's been 13 years and I think sometimes people want to spread their wings. I'm not going to stop people. We love Nate and I think we all remain friends. After 13 years he sort of finished his work on BioShock Infinite, as you will be able to tell when you see the game again I think Nate's moving on to something else."

Levine was sure to point out that much of the remaining team worked on the first, beloved BioShock. "As far as the team itself, the lead artist, the art director, the creative director, the lead effects artist, the senior sound guy, the lead programer and the lead AI programmer from BioShock 1 are all on BioShock Infinite. I don't think there's a single senior BioShock team member that isn't here, which I think is amazing and a testament to their commitment to the studio. And there are a ton of amazing people who weren't on BioShock 1 that are on BioShock Infinite." Levine also said that Jordan Thomas, designer of BioShock 1's Fort Frolic level and of BioShock 2 has been "on loan" from sister studio 2K Marin for much of the year. Levine said Thomas still technically works for 2K Marin but has been working on Infinite for most of the year.

We asked Levine if people should be worried about the game. "It's always challenging when you're trying to make a game that does a lot of different things," Levine said, noting that designers can be drawn back toward what is safe and familiar. "Trust me, there are plenty of things in this gameÔÇöeither it was the Skyline [a roller-coaster-like apparatus that players can use to zoom about the levels] or ElizabethÔÇöwhere there were movements in the team to get rid of them. Because they are the most challenging things." He said that these challenges have been much of the reason the game has been in development for such a long time.

Resumen:
- Dos modos multijugador cancelados
En el primero nos miniaturizaban y luchábamos contra oleadas de enemigos. Era un tower defense cooperativo, pero nunca funcionó.
El segundo era un "Spec-Ops". Cuatro jugadores recorrían de manera cooperativa distintos niveles del modo para un jugador. Tampoco funcionó.
- Puede que Bioshock Infinite sea un juego para un solo jugador.

-Levine:
En una compañía de 200 personas, va a haber gente que se vaya.
El equipo de Bioshock Infinite es el mismo que el de Bioshock 1.
Es difícil hacer un juego que hace muchas cosas distintas.
Hubo momentos en que el equipo quiso dejar de lado el Skyline o Elizabeth porque son muy complicados.
No me gusta.

Bioshock es uno de mis juegos favoritos de esta generación y probablemente el más "especial" pero este Infinite, con lo mucho que me ilusionó, va teniendo cosillas que me tienen mosca.

Por qué narices tienen que buscar a toda costa un modo online? Es que no lo entiendo. Si hagan lo que hagan, Bioshock no lo va a comprar la gente por sus modos online.
Como osen sacar vía DLC algún modo de juego parecido se lo pueden meter por el culo.

Yonyx

Yo no estoy preocupado por la calidad del título. Es un equipo de 200 personas, y porque se vayan un par no va a pasar nada, además que quedan 6 meses para que salga un juego que va a tener más de 5 años de desarrollo; su trabajo estaría prácticamente terminado.

Por lo que respecta a los dos modos multijugador... al final de los desarrollos SIEMPRE se cortan cosas. Me parece que aquí casi todos preferimos que se corte por ahí y no por otra parte. Con que metan un modo multi curioso ya les bastará para cumplir los objetivos del publisher y no creo que les haya quitado demasiado trabajo del modo single principal.

A mí me da mala espina. El año pasado enseñaron el juego en el E3 y este no. Tampoco lo enseñarán en la GamesCon. Lo han retrasado y ahora resulta que ni con el retraso pueden meterle esos modos multijugador.
(09-08-2012 21:25)chente link [ -> ]No me gusta.

Bioshock es uno de mis juegos favoritos de esta generación y probablemente el más "especial" pero este Infinite, con lo mucho que me ilusionó, va teniendo cosillas que me tienen mosca.

Por qué narices tienen que buscar a toda costa un modo online? Es que no lo entiendo. Si hagan lo que hagan, Bioshock no lo va a comprar la gente por sus modos online.
Le meten multijugador para que el juego no esté a la venta en segunda mano a los dos días de salir.
Entiendo que la interacción con la tipeja les de problemas, pero, ¿Los ríeles? Por favor, si por lo que se ha visto el sistema ese tiene la profundidad de una piscina para infantes, básicamente es colgarte y ya, ni disparas ni nada, solo te sueltas en x o y momento y punto, Metroid Prime 3 ofrecía muchísimo más en ese apartado...
Viendo los extractos de otros sitios, creo que no tengo futuro como redactor de prensa amarilla. roto2: