33bits

Versión completa: Pachter cree que NX puede devolver a Nintendo a la senda del éxito
Actualmente estas viendo una versión simplificada de nuestro contenido. Ver la versión completa con el formato correcto.

zothenr

[Imagen: Nintendo-NX-Pachter.jpg]

Video game industry analyst Michael Pachter has revealed in the latest episode of┬áSiftdÔÇÖs┬áPachter Factor that he believes that the forthcoming Nintendo NX platform will be able to hold its own against the mid-cycle upgrades we are seeing from both Sony and Microsoft.

ÔÇ£The answer is, the Wii U has sucked.┬áItÔÇÖs a complicated, hard-to-use console because the GamePad just adds a layer of complexity thatÔÇÖs not intuitive and people didnÔÇÖt like it. It wasnÔÇÖt well designed, the GamePad didnÔÇÖt have a battery life that was efficient for people who play more than an hour at a time. And, they didnÔÇÖt have third-party support.

ÔÇ£They really lost third-party support. EA supported the launch and then stopped making games for it after a year. If you donÔÇÖt have third-party support the only people that end up buying a Nintendo console are fanboys, who only want to play Nintendo games. Now, flip that over. If you are not a Nintendo fanboy but you love Nintendo games, the cost of playing them is youÔÇÖve got to buy a second console. Because, youÔÇÖre already playing GTA or FIFA on your Xbox One or PS4. So, just to play Nintendo games, itÔÇÖs hard to justify a console. With one exception, Zelda. I totally get why people would buy an NX to play Zelda. ItÔÇÖs a frickinÔÇÖ great game.

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt know if Nintendo is telling me the truth, theyÔÇÖre not liars. But I donÔÇÖt know if Nintendo is exaggerating for a fact, but they told me that the map in┬áBreath of the Wild┬áis 12 times the size of the map in┬áTwilight Princess. Like I said, I donÔÇÖt really know what that means but it sounds like thereÔÇÖs 12 times as much to do.ÔÇØ

He continued, ÔÇ£The point is, it sounds like a much, much bigger game. And, if the game is as big as they say, thatÔÇÖs enough. You will buy a console just to play that game. Obviously they are going to have other games coming up behind it. I think that they recognised a year or two ago that the Wii U was kind of over. I think they probably diverted all of their development efforts to support the NX. Zelda is going to be essentially a launch title, it will be the biggest game out.

ÔÇ£So, I think the NX kind of quickly sells the same install base as the Wii U and, assuming the NX is not as complicated as the Wii U. Assuming that theyÔÇÖve sold the GamePad problems, whether itÔÇÖs just a conventional controller or theyÔÇÖve fixed the battery life, made it more of a tablet, and thereÔÇÖs more to do with the NX. If they can get third-party support, I think theyÔÇÖre going to be competitive again.

ÔÇ£I frankly think that theyÔÇÖre benefitted by the Xbox One S not being an upgrade over the Xbox [One], itÔÇÖs just thinner and lighter. I think theyÔÇÖre benefitted by the PS4 Neo and the Xbox Scorpio essentially being mid-cycle, modest upgrades intended, I think, to support VR, and all fully backward compatible. Maybe the NX is coming at the right time.

ÔÇ£It looks a lot to me like the NX is going to be essentially a PS4 in a Nintendo case. If itÔÇÖs that powerful, if itÔÇÖs easy enough architecturally for all the publishers to support, so FIFA, Call of Duty and Battlefield are on the NX, then absolutely I think this thing is going to sell really well. LetÔÇÖs hope Nintendo get their mojo back, letÔÇÖs hope they get third-party publisher support. If they do, I frankly think it is enough to carry the NX launch. If they get third-party support, it will sell 20 ÔÇô 50 million units and be a solid, competitive console.ÔÇØ

Fuente
Viendo lo acertadas de las predicciones de este individuo, solo puedo decir: RIP Nintendo.
(06-07-2016 10:30)Mafrune [ -> ]Viendo lo acertadas de las predicciones de este individuo, solo puedo decir: RIP Nintendo.

sisi