[Ronda de análisis] NEO: The World Ends With You
VIDA EXTRA

Sobre NEO: The World Ends With You hay que indicar que en el apartado visual, a pesar de pasar de las 2D a las 3D tanto en Shibuya como en los combates, se mantiene el mismo estilo del juego original. Las escenas están narradas en plan manga con un estilo muy característico, y los personajes mantienen el mismo estilo.

Por su parte, las batallas son muy vistosas, sobre todo cuando contamos con muchas habilidades diferentes, aunque en ningún caso son caóticas y siempre sabremos lo que pasa a nuestro alrededor. Pero si hay algo negativo en este apartado es que, como ya nos sucedió en nuestras primeras impresiones, en ciertos rincones de la ciudad la cámara no deja muy claro por dónde podemos ir o dónde está nuestro personaje.

Lo que sí es un auténtico regalo para los oídos es el apartado sonoro, con temas muy animados y rítmicos en todo momento. Pese a que no hay demasiada variedad, los temas son tan buenos que no importará escucharlos una y otra vez. Sin embargo, algo que no nos ha terminado de convencer es que al entrar y salir del menú la música de la ciudad cambia, aunque esto también se puede utilizar para lograr que suene nuestra música favorita.

En definitiva, NEO: The World Ends With You es un juego que tiene una historia que te atrapa de inicio a fin. Es indiscutible que en general resulta bastante lineal y que la ciudad es bastante pequeña, pero los giros argumentales y la libertad del sistema de batalla hace que el juego se desarrolle muy fluidamente y resulte de lo más entretenido en todo momento.

MERISTATION - 8.5

NEO: The World Ends With You es una secuela a la altura del título original, que gustará a los amantes del género JRPG que busquen algo distinto y supondrá un imprescindible para aquellos que disfrutaron de la primera entrega. Con una historia sorprendente y un elenco de personajes carismáticos, nos atrapará de principio a fin a pesar de que en determinadas secciones tenga algunos problemas de ritmo. Jugablemente resulta único y divertido y la cantidad de pines y combinaciones disponibles dan mucho juego para que cada batalla sea única. Hubiéramos agradecido una mayor variedad de enfrentamientos y enemigos, pero la propuesta actual es más que suficiente para proporcionarnos decenas de horas de diversión, sorpresas y posibilidades.

EUROGAMER.ES - RECOMENDADO

Por la manera en la que la dirección del juego sabe poner todos sus elementos al servicio de este mensaje, NEO: The World Ends With You se nos desvela como una de las obras autorales más notables del pasado reciente del medio. Una que destaca por su escritura, por su planteamiento mecánico y por la manera en la que es capaz de sumergirnos en una ciudad que no es la nuestra, pero que pronto se siente como si lo fuera. Y conforme pasamos más y más horas en él, cada vez es más evidente una cosa: nada de esto sería posible sin un creador que deja su impronta sobre todo este universo, que dirige la mirada y la perspectiva en todo momento. La figura de Tetsuya Nomura, de su obra actual y anterior, impregna cada rincón del juego, pero esta vez con una madurez adquirida que hace que lo que tenemos entre manos se sienta como la cúspide de su trabajo. Y eso termina de redondear un título con un tacto y un pulso muy concreto sobre la actualidad, un conocimiento profundo de las formas en las que el mundo ha cambiado desde el lanzamiento de la entrega original, pero que sorprende y arriesga como el primer día. Un juego que estamos, a día de hoy, mucho más preparados para disfrutar, abrazar y entender que hace una década.

HOBBY CONSOLAS - 87

NEO: The World Ends With You conserva las señas de identidad del original, lo que significa que estamos ante un título refrescante, único y cargado de estilo, pero al mismo tiempo sabe reinventarse sin dejar de lado la profundidad y el contenido que atesora el género. En definitiva: estamos ante una nueva joya de los JRPG.

VANDAL - 8.4

NEO: The World Ends With You ha resultado ser una de las sorpresas más agradables que nos hemos llevado este año. No vamos a negar que el primer contacto que tuvimos con él hace unas semanas nos dejó algo fríos, pero su versión final nos ha demostrado que se trata de una dignísima secuela del juego de culto de Nintendo DS. Tiene muchos contenidos, la historia es buenísima, resulta imposible no encariñarse con sus personajes, los combates dentro de su simpleza resultan divertidos, el sistema de progreso es muy satisfactorio y sabe cómo recompensar al jugador, su dirección de arte es una pasada y su banda sonora es un regalo para nuestros oídos. ¿Es perfecto? No, pero nos ha resultado imposible soltar el mando hasta llegar a su magnífico final, algo que pocos títulos consiguen, así que no dudéis en darle una oportunidad a poco que os gustara su predecesor u os llame la atención lo que propone. Difícilmente os arrepentiréis.

Metacritic (PS4) (82)
Metacritic (Switch) (83)
OpenCritic (87)

Eurogamer (recommended):
I have been to Shibuya personally, stayed for one visit in a hotel across from the Scramble Crossing, and I get the odd shock of recognition playing Neo. But more often I get that sense of worlds glancing against worlds - the world of Neo shuffling past the world of Jet Set Radio. I don't think I could ever get to know a place as vast as Tokyo, but in games you get a wonderful angled view of it. This is a generous game indeed.

Game Informer (review in progress):
Neo: The World Ends With You feels very similar to the first game, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. There’s a reason so many fans have pined for a sequel. It quickly got its hooks in me and kept me engaged, but it has its flaws. A repetitive structure with tedious tasks doesn’t do it any favors, like making you kill a certain amount of enemies to go into a new area (the new turf wars called Scramble Slams are egregiously bad with this). The difficulty balancing is also off; the game would often be ridiculously easy, and then I’d hit a huge difficulty spike out of nowhere where I’d barely survive. And yet, despite those frustrating aspects, I can’t put Neo: The World Ends With You down. The world and its characters just drew me in, and when I’m firing on all cylinders with the combat and watching my groove meter rise, it’s a rush. If you liked the first game, chances are you’ll find a lot to love here. Just don’t go in expecting a huge evolution or departure from its predecessor.

NintendoWorldReport (review in progress):
2021 is quickly turning into an argument for the Switch being a top 3 RPG console ever, and we’re only at the end of #JRPGJuly. NEO: The World Ends With You is living up to the hype I was feeling when it was announced and then some as it took everything I already loved about the original and made it work on a single screen in the modern day. Don’t miss it.

GameSkinny (10/10):
I can’t sing the praises of NEO: The World Ends with You enough. It has both style and substance, with fun characters, energetic gameplay, and gorgeous visuals. There was never a dull moment throughout my time writing this review; it had virtually no lows — only high highs. NEO: The World Ends with You is everything a fan of the series could ever ask for in a sequel. This isn’t just only the best JRPG released in 2021 so far, but perhaps one of the best games this year, period. It’s simply incredible.

Noisy Pixel (10/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You was worth the wait. Its brilliant narrative matches its stylish design and fast-paced battle system making it difficult to put down. The game's development is fueled by the love of the fans, and it shows during every moment of gameplay. While playing, the gap between entries disappeared, and I was transported back to this fantasy Shibuya, hanging out with friends and going on a truly memorable adventure.

Gfinity (5/5):
In short, NEO The World Ends With You is massive. It’s a grand, modern epic with impeccable writing and almost as impeccable style that’s got as much heart as it does twists and turns in the plot. This is easily one of the year’s finest RPGs.

Wccftech (9.3/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You is the excellent sequel of one of the most unique JRPG ever released, featuring a stylish setting, charming characters, engaging story, masterfully crafted action combat, and tons of content that are on par (if not better) with the original. While some of the novelty is lost, as the game does not innovate the series' mechanics in any significant way, NEO: The World Ends With You is truly the sequel that all fans of the franchise were waiting for.

Nintenderos (9.3/10, review in Spanish):
NEO: The World Ends With You is the groundbreaking sequel of a classic game, and it lives up to their name. A good plot full of twists, interesting characters and the best soundtrack that you will find in a videogame this year are some of the ingredients that make NEO: TWEWY a great game that any JRPG fan should enjoy.

Eurogamer Italy (9/10, review in Italian):
NEO: The World Ends with You is an incredible and funny JRPG, with a good combat system and a great story, real characters with emotions and dreams. The worthy sequel to The World Ends with You.

PlayStation Universe (9/10):
Neo: The World Ends With You offers up something all its own while still keeping its roots in view. Some slow pacing and long-in-tooth writing doesn't keep Neo from being a delightful RPG. If the art style and music don't take you, then the combat and its mechanics will.

TheSixthAxis (9/10):
NEO: The World Ends with You is way too cool, way too fun, and way too good. For fans of the series, this is a sequel that goes above and beyond 14 years of hopes and expectations. For newcomers who have never even heard of the Reaper's Game, this is one of the most genuine, polished, and stylish games I've ever played. Personality and style ooze out of it constantly, and in a post-Persona 5 world where society is starting to clamour for more immersive and all-encompassing JRPG masterpieces, this might just be the next big thing.

Nintendo Life (9/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You impresses in all the categories we were terrified it could fail in. The game boasts an energetic soundtrack that feeds off the energy of the original, a deep and rewarding combat system that makes a successful leap to 3D, an inspiring cast of characters that stand tall on their own, and importantly, a world that begs you to come back even after you’ve finished the 40+ hour campaign. After 13 long years, many fans lost hope we’d ever see a sequel to that first Reapers Game, but we’re so pleased to see these talented developers never lost their calling.

RPG Site (9/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You does a wonderful job recapturing what made this formula work so well on the DS, but in a more approachable way. If there’s one game in this duology I’ll ever find myself revisiting, it’ll definitely be this one. Few other games come close to conveying this kind of rebellious style in every aspect of its design, and NEO completely lived up to what I wanted from a TWEWY sequel.

Siliconera (9/10):
When I played The World Ends with You on my Nintendo DS back in 2008, I was struck by how vibrant and wonderfully unique the game is. I’d hoped for more for years, especially after teases found in the ports. Now we’re back in Shibuya for NEO TWEWY, and it is the sequel the original deserved. Yet, at the same time, it stands tall on its own merits and is a welcoming experience for people completely unfamiliar with the series.

Vooks (4.5/5):
I had high expectations for NEO: The World Ends With You, after its predecessor left such a big impact on me when it first released. Fourteen years later, TWEWY's still got it, defying all expectations as an exciting, enthralling, and genuinely enjoyable follow-up worthy of the title it holds. It's hard to imagine another game that would tick as many boxes as this one did for me, and much like the original, I'll be playing, rewinding, and replaying some more for years to come.

Screen Rant (4.5/5):
NEO: The World Ends With You is a unique, eye-catching and entertaining JRPG that prioritizes charm, fun, and accessibility above all. Apart from a few minor stumbles, it's a smooth experience with a cast of fun, visually distinct characters. NEO: The World Ends With You is must-play for any JRPG fan, and is equally up to the task of providing either style or substance for those inclined to seek out either.

WayTooManyGames (9/10):
NEO: The World Ends with You is the perfect combination of all style, all substance. It’s gorgeous to look, it’s one hell of a feast for your ears, but above all, it’s a fantastic JRPG-beat ’em up hybrid. It has a fantastic story, intriguing characters, and an excellent combat system that is easy to learn but very hard to master.

GameSpew (9/10):
Neo: The World Ends With You exudes style and sophistication, its presentation is modern and its gameplay is gripping with a pace that never lets up. Elements of action, adventure, RPG, visual novel and puzzle genres collide with gusto to create an epic experience that will keep you hooked until the credits roll. If you like games with plenty of variety in their gameplay, or games that tell a compelling story, look no further; this is an outstanding RPG unlike any other.

GAMES.CH (8.9/10, review in German):
Cool, stylish and with an action-packed combat system: NEO is refreshingly different and, despite small weaknesses, convinces with a (reaper) game of life and death.

IGN Italia (8.9/10):
Neo: The World Ends With You is the widely anticipated sequel of a cult Nintendo DS title and one of the best Action RPGs available on current platforms. Building on its predecessor formula, this sequel introduces a wide variety of content that while being faithful to the original game exceeds it in every aspect. Fans should rejoice: Shibuya is back to stay.

Hobby Consolas (87/100, review in Spanish):
NEO: The World Ends With You retains the freshness, uniqueness and stylish nature of the original game, but at the same time reinvents itself without forgetting the complexity and tons of content usually found in the JRPG genre. We're once again before a true gem.

Easy Allies (8.5/10):
Despite the huge gap in time, NEO: The World Ends with You manages to capture the essence of the original while simultaneously moving the series forward. Although some aspects like combat can feel repetitive at times, it does a great job of translating the frantic nature of the DS original onto modern hardware. Its strong cast of characters are endearing and connect on a satisfying level. And its stylish urban setting is an enthralling backdrop. It may not be as innovative as its predecessor, but it's an excellent return to this distinct world that’s long been overlooked.

WellPlayed (8.5/10):
After 14 years, the best soundtrack on the Nintendo DS has been met with its sequel – now the best soundtrack on the Nintendo Switch. Delightful deja vu, this sequel revives everything that works and delivers it all over again with vibrant new life. Just excuse the disappointing new cast and technical hiccups for one of the year’s most stylish surprises.

SpazioGames (8.3/10, review in Italian):
It has lost the original edge of the first chapter and it's not a technical powerhouse, but Neo The World ends with you is nonetheless a brilliant action rpg with one of the best soundtracks to grace the medium in a long time.

Everyeye.it (8/10, review in Italian):
Whether or not you have completed the adventure starring Neku, approach the sequel without hesitation and let yourself be carried away by the Game of Demons.

Shacknews (8/10):
Overall, NEO: The World Ends With You is a game filled with rich and quirky characters. It's easy to feel an affinity for many of them, even the various Reapers who are the ones running this deadly game. The story is filled with enough mysteries, unknown motivations, and plot twists that it should engage both fans of the original game and newcomers alike.

Those looking for a very different kind of JRPG experience will like what they see with NEO: The World Ends With You. The modern setting, the interesting creatures, and the character abilities make it unlike almost anything out there and is worth rolling the dice on.

Destructoid (8/10):
NEO: The World Ends with You is a sequel worth waiting for. It brings together many of the best concepts from the DS original but in a more approachable and accessible experience. It may lack the lightning-in-a-bottle genius of its predecessor, but the 40+ hours I spent exploring Shibuya showed me this world doesn’t have to be complicated to be worthwhile.

Worth Playing (8/10):
Neo: The World Ends with You is the sequel that fans have been awaiting. Despite the move to 3D it feels, looks, and sounds just like the original game. If anything, its flaws are almost the same, with a messy (but fun) combat system and an even messier plot. Despite those flaws, I enjoyed the game almost from start to finish. Newcomers should play the original first, but for those who've been waiting to see where the universe of The World Ends with You goes after the first game, Neo finally provides what you've been waiting for.

Gamer Escape (8/10):
It’s not an instant classic, but I think fans of the original are going to really find stuff to like here. And if you’re like me and never played the original, you still owe it to yourself to give this one a solid look. The weirdness of its controls and some of its quirks mean that it might not be for everyone… but give it a fair shot, and I have a feeling you’re going to get a lot more out of it than you might initially expect.

GAMINGbible (8/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You is an enthralling, expansive adventure that anyone who loved its predecessor will click with immediately, and newcomers are encouraged to take their time with. But be patient and let the game's flow snap into something that feels comfortable, and you might just come to adore these complicated players, this fantastical Shibuya, and what is a very special original of exceptional character.

NME (4/5):
NEO: The World Ends With You is an immensely stylish game that is teeming with smart JRPG systems. The incredible art direction justifies the price of entry, but it’s the moreish combat, rewarding puzzles and clever writing that come together to wrap you up in the rich atmosphere of Shibuya. If you’re bored of stoic genre conventions and similar settings, this invigorating adventure is a no-brainer, regardless of whether you’ve played the original or not.

TheGamer (4/5):
NEO: The World Ends With You is the sequel we’ve been waiting for. While its new cast of characters have a lofty legacy to live up to, they manage to cement themselves as equally memorable even if their own journey begins to intersect with one we know so well. Combat falls victim to repetition, yet the ideas that surround it are substantial enough that such flaws are easy to forgive. If you’re after a vast JRPG adventure, it’s time to surrender yourself to the underground and never look back. TWEWY is back, and I hope it’s here to stay.

Jeuxvideo.com (15/20, review in French):
Through its meticulous artistic direction and its urban universe full of charms, NEO The World Ends With You manages to offer a pleasant adventure that will delight lovers of Japanese culture. We enjoy discovering the Shibuya district in its every nook and cranny and enjoying the many shops it includes. The ride is all the more enjoyable as it offers a story full of twists and turns and endearing characters. Ultimately, it is more at the level of the combat system that the limits are felt. If the latter is rather pleasant and nervous at first, the lack of depth ends up making the clashes really repetitive in the long run. Still, nothing to spoil this 20-hour straight-line tour of Shibuya that will delight those who appreciate the style of Nomura and Action-RPGs.

CGMagazine (7.5/10):
Despite a weaker battle system and some pacing issues, NEO: The World Ends With You still stands as a good game in its own right. The technical issues can hopefully be fixed, and what looks to be a hearty post game should keep players invested for more than 60 hours if they’re being thorough. And for all my comparisons to its predecessor, both good and bad, I ended my time with the game with one thought: It’s good to be back in Shibuya again.

IGN France (7/10, review in French):
The World Ends With You is back with its impeccable style and unique atmosphere, with a long awaited sequel. The combats are exceptionally punchy, the characters are interesting and endearing, and the music is unforgettable. The story succeeds at onboarding newcomers as well as answering a lot of questions fans of the first game had for years. NEO remains, however, like its predecessor, a very linear adventure, with pacing issues and gameplay that can become tedious.

IGN (7/10):
NEO: The World Ends With You is a sequel that leans heavily on recapturing what made the original so special. That’s to its benefit in some ways, such as its vivacious depiction of Shibuya, its incredible soundtrack, and its stylish, flowing combat system, but to its detriment in others. Its story satisfies me as someone who had been waiting 14 years for answers to The World Ends With You’s most tantalizing plot threads, but it pays for that resolution by sidelining its new central cast and forgoing a hard-hitting, emotional story of its own.

IGN Spain (7/10, review in Spanihs):
NEO: The World Ends With You is the sequel that fans of the original game have been waiting for. However, being so continuist in its combat and exploration system makes it feel like a game out of time, which could have done much better with a deeper revamp. Losing the Nintendo DS touch screen also hurts its combat. Its beauty and visual personality at all times, along with a colorful story and characters, will make you fall in love and always want to know more.

RPG Fan (69/100):
I could go on at greater length about NEO: The World Ends with You; it was an emotional rollercoaster for me, to be sure. Normally, I avoid having expectations going into a game so as not to cloud my judgment or set myself up for disappointment. I had reservations going into this because of the trailer. Still, I came out deflated in a huge way. As a fan, I admittedly enjoyed every cameo from the first game, but after the initial glee wore off, I realized that it honestly felt a little disrespectful to the source. Not everyone needs to show up, and if they do, put some meat into the occasion. If I were to point at one thing NEO did wrong, it’d be that it has too many characters and the writers didn’t know how to drill down and focus on quality relationships. That aside, I still don’t understand leaving most of the game a mystery until the very end and then just making up reasons or abilities with no prior justification. Can this game be enjoyed? Certainly. The combat alone will be fun for some, but TWEWY was so much more than its gameplay.

Game Rant (3/5):
NEO: The World Ends With You gives players a tremendous soundtrack and a ton of content, and once the combat clicks, it's a genuinely good time. However, that comes with the caveat that players have to invest roughly 10 hours before the game really starts to be fun, and then they still have to deal with its repetitiveness. So as long as fans can put up with those issues, they will get a lot of game time out of NEO: The World Ends With You.
Le tengo ganas, la demo me dejó con ganas de más.
[Imagen: DNC-04.png]
Donde esta la nota de 33bits? roto2cafe

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)